10 Best Boat Clubs in Miami Compared for 2022
Posted Aug 23 2022 in Boating tips
Check out these best boat clubs in Miami to find one that suits you, whether it’s for boat rentals, sailing boats, yachts, or specifically for Miami beach.
We’ve done the research for you so that you can choose easily the best boat club in Miami for your needs.
Boat club Miami comparison table
In this table, you can compare the best yacht clubs in Miami, their membership plans, features, benefits, and everything needed for your fleet of boats or if you need a Miami boat rental.
|Miami Boat Club||Entry Fee||Membership Cost||Best For / Standout Feature||Rating|
|Sunset Harbour Yacht Club||N/A||Ask for a personal offer||Their membership program grants owners and stakeholders the opportunity to own shares of the key and the waterfront properties.||4.8 ⭐|
|Coral Reef Yacht Club||$100||Starts at $900 Yearly up to $4000||Strong and steeped in tradition community of over one-thousand members||4.7 ⭐|
|Club Nautico||$850 - $12,000||$295 - $695 per month||Club Nautico takes care of mooring, insurance, careening, maintenance, servicing, repairs and cleaning so that you can devote yourself entirely to the joy of boating.||4.7 ⭐|
|Coconut Grove Sailing Club||$750||$450 once per Year in July||Many social events at the clubhouse||4.7 ⭐|
|Biscayne Bay Yacht Club||N/A||Ask for a personal offer||Their focus is largely on the promotion of the art and sport of sailing on Biscayne Bay.||4.7 ⭐|
|Key Biscayne Yacht Club||N/A||N/A||Clubhouse and amazing dining views||4.6 ⭐|
|Carefree Boat Club||$7,500||$550 per month||Multiple locations with a ward selection of boats||4.5 ⭐|
|Venetian Marina & Yacht Club||N/A||N/A||Awesome Stop for Fun and Nightlife in Downtown Miami||4.5 ⭐|
|South Florida Boat Club||$1,200||$199 per month||Advance Reservations 24/7 Online System||3.9 ⭐|
|Freedom Boat Club||$5,500||$399 per month||Unlimited access to the boats in their fleet, no matter the membership||3.4 ⭐|
Rent a boat in Miami with sail.me
Best boat club in Miami: top 10 clubs
Miami has a lot of boating clubs and marinas if you're an avid boater or if you just like to attend yacht parties, but choosing where to go can be a bit of a challenge. Don't fret, we did some research and have come up with our top 10 best yacht clubs in Miami that you should consider joining.
- Sunset Harbour Yacht Club
- Coral Reef Yacht Club
- Club Nautico
- Coconut Grove Sailing Club
- Biscayne Bay Yacht Club
- Key Biscayne Yacht Club
- Carefree Boat Club
- Venetian Marina & Yacht Club
- South Florida Boat Club
- Freedom Boat Club
1. Sunset Harbour Yacht Club (overall best boat club in Miami)
Being the best boat club in Miami Beach, The Sunset Harbour Yacht Club offers a full-service luxury yacht club with a friendly and experienced staff that offers quality events for all members of the family. The marina is Miami's premiere yachting community with 125 slips and a state-of-the-art clubhouse.
The pool at Sunset Harbour Yacht Club is Olympic-size and is heated, making it pleasant to use. The Sundeck at the Clubhouse is one of Miami's best-kept secrets. Deck and Lounge chairs are perfect for sunbathing and taking in the sights of the surrounding South Beach skyline. This boat club in Miami Beach is dedicated to providing its members with top-notch equipment, classes, facilities, and services.
Sunset Harbour Yacht Club is an ActiveCaptain 1st Choice Marina and the only marina in Miami with a 5-star rating.
The unique equity Membership program of Sunset Harbour Yacht Club gives its shareholders the opportunity to own a share of the key, waterfront property in Miami Beach.
💰 Cost: You need to contact the SHYC for a personal membership offer in order to acquire a 125 share of Sunset Harbour Yacht Club, a not-for-profit corporation.
📍 Location: 1928 Sunset Harbour Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139, United States
🌐 Website: https://sunsetharbouryc.com/
- Valet Parking for Guests
- Clean Marina Designation
- 5 Star Staff
- Fitness Center
- Heated Pool
- Laundry Facilities
- Air Conditioned Restrooms & Showers
- Miami Beach Golf Course
- Jet Skiing, Kayaking & Bike Rentals
- 24/7 Security & Service
- The only boat club with 5-stars in Miami
- You own a piece of Miami Beach's finest marine real estate
- Stunning Harbor setting in Miami Beach
- Luxury Clubhouse
- No available information regarding the membership cost
- No boat rental available compared to other boat clubs
2. Coral Reef Yacht Club (runner-up top Miami boat club membership)
Coral Reef Yacht Club is a private club near Coconut Grove, Florida. It was founded in 1955 and has been welcoming boaters from around the world ever since. The club is proud to have hosted many prestigious regattas over the years, including the Coral Reef Annual Regatta, Orange Bowl International Youth Regatta, Club 420 Spring Fling, and Star Class Regattas.
Coral Reef Yacht Club offers an abundance of high-quality activities for its members.
Every member of the family is encouraged to participate in competitive events like sailing races, windsurfing competitions, and standup paddleboard races; there's also a dedicated kids' summer program that includes swimming lessons and junior sailing classes.
If your interests lie elsewhere—for instance, if you prefer fishing or diving—you'll still find plenty on offer at Coral Reef: fishing charters out of Haulover Park are available both locally as well as regionally; while scuba divers can choose between wreck dives or just relaxing offshore with some snorkeling gear.
💰 Cost: Monthly membership at Coral Reef Yacht Club starts at $900 up to $4000 yearly
📍 Location: 2484 S Bayshore Dr, Miami, FL 33133, United States
🌐 Website: https://www.coralreefyachtclub.org/
- Heated pool
- Lounge and casual dining
- Multiple fishing and sailing tournaments throughout the year
- Social activities for all ages
- Dry storage area for boats
- 100-slip marina with power and water
- Recreational boating activities
- Reciprocal privileges at other yacht clubs
- Family-friendly - lots of kids’ activities
- One of the best Youth Sailing programs in the US
- Premier yachting center
- 3 dining places with spectacular water views
- No information regarding online reservations
- Some guests experienced rude behavior from the staff
3. Club Nautico
Club Nautico is one of the most popular boat clubs in Miami with many great features that you won't find anywhere else. You can find the perfect slip for your boat, whether it's an 80-footer or just a small sailboat. The facility has everything you need to keep your vessel safe while also offering many fun activities for families or friends who want to spend time together on the water.
Club Nautico has an event planner who will help you plan your next party. They have a wide variety of yachts to choose from and can assist with menu selections, entertainment, travel arrangements, and budget planning.
💰 Club Nautico Membership cost is separated into three different options:
- Silver Plan - $859 (Pay-as-you-go plan with discounts of up to 40%.)
- Gold Plan - $8,000 (Unlimited use of any single engine boat up to 27)
- Platinum Plan - $12,500 (No limitations or blackout dates)yearly
📍 Location: Crandon Park Marina, 4000 Crandon Park Blvd, Key Biscayne, FL 33149 / Club Nautico Marina, 7910 West Drive, North Bay Village, FL 33141
🌐 Website: https://clubnauticomiami.com/
- First Class Marinas
- Complimentary Water Toys
- Meetings and events are organized by the club.
- Premium dockside valet service
- Five Star Mega Yachts
- Unlimited use of a fleet of new boats based on availability
- 97% of all reservation requests are fulfilled
- Reservations within 24 hours prior
- Free Guest Privileges
- New Boats - latest, greatest models to choose from
- Boating safety course
- A little bit more expensive than the other clubs
- Only 2 locations
4. Coconut Grove Sailing Club
The Club was founded in 1946 by a group of Miami residents, all sharing a love for sailing, a passion for Biscayne Bay, and a spirit of providing community service. It's one of the first sailing clubs in Miami the club became a safe place to teach children to sail and to run sailboat regattas for the community.
With its world-renowned eclectic sailing programs and fully operational mooring field, the Coconut Grove Sailing Club is one of the best Miami sailing clubs.
The club has an amazing bar and lounge with a sprawling terrace and traditional marine decor. Its amazing view of Biscayne Bay makes it the perfect spot to enjoy good company with friends and family. The Grove’s Nest is the place to be every Friday night for its spectacular live music performances.
You can also enjoy one of the many members-only events hosted at Coconut Grove Sailing Club’s clubhouse, such as their 4th of July BBQ, Officer Installation Dinner, New Year’s Eve, or Dogo Day!
💰 Coconut Grove Sailing Club cost is separated into three different options:
- Regular Member - $750.00 initial fee + $450.00 once a year in July
- Junior Member (18 y.o. and younger) - $150 once a year in July
- Associate Member (18-25 y.o) - $450 once a year in July
- Service Member (For those who actively serve in a branch of the US Armed Forces) - $150 once a year in July
📍 Location: 2990 S Bayshore Dr, Miami, FL 33133, United States
🌐 Website: https://www.cgsc.org/
- Sailing Lessons
- Racing team
- Real Sailor’s Community
- Multiple Member Events
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- One of the best clubs for learning to sail
- Amazing kids events and sailing school
- No slippage for boat owners
- No options for boat rental
- No pool
5. Biscayne Bay Yacht Club
Founded in 1887, Biscayne Yacht Club is a private yacht club, located in Coconut Grove, Miami, Florida. That makes it one of the oldest clubs in the United States. Biscayne Bay Yacht Club promotes the art and sport of sailing on Biscayne Bay. Since its founding, the club has played host to both local and internal events, including the Volvo Ocean Race, Block Island Race Week, and Key West Race Week.
The club has one of the most US-recognized windsurfing and fouling academies. Biscayne Bay Yacht Club’s youth sailing program provides an opportunity for young people to experience sailing and other watersports to the maximum. The club’s instructors help their students with understanding the values of the safe and fun environment of sailing and their love for the environment.
💰 Cost: Contact the club for an offer
📍 Location: 2540 South Bayshore Drive. Coconut Grove, FL 33133
🌐 Website: https://www.biscaynebayyachtclub.com/
- Youth Sailing School
- Attention to detail
- Variety of Watersports
- Venue for Multiple Regatas
- One of the oldest sailing schools in the US
- Traditional yacht club
- Privately hold club
- Multiple Events
- No information regarding pricing, online booking, membership
- No boat rentals
6. Key Biscayne Yacht Club
Founded on January 14, 1955, Key Biscayne Yacht Club is one of the older in Florida. The club has preserved many of its original traditions and values through the years, creating a friendly, cooperative, and constructive community for its members to enjoy.
Famous for their waterfront chowder parties, fishing tournaments, amazing pool, tennis courts, sailing, and many youth activities, makes Key Biscayne Yacht Club the place to be at!
To acquire membership in Key Biscayne Yacht Club, you need to be invited by a regular member of the club. Applicants must be sponsored by at least three Club Members, two of which must be Regular Members.
💰 Key Biscayne Yacht Club membership cost:
There are four different levels of membership. You need to contact the club in order to receive pricing regarding the membership.
📍 Location: 180 Harbor Dr, Key Biscayne, FL 33149, United States
🌐 Website: https://www.kbyc.org/
- One hundred slips from twenty to sixty feet with water, ice, and sewage pump-out amenities
- Dry slips for smaller craft
- Courtesy docks located by the seawall are available for stays under two hours.
- Part of the Florida Council of Yacht Clubs
- Clean Marina Pledge
- Ship’s Shore
- Restaurants and Dining
- You need to be invited by a Regular Member of the Club in order to join
- No information regarding the pricing
7. Carefree Boat Club
Carefree Boat Club, founded in Virginia in 2002, is a members-only boat club. There are a total of 77 locations throughout the USA and Canada. 10 members for every one boat helps ensure access to the Carefree Boat Club fleet on the days you need it most. Get the highest quality boating experience available with the best possible value.
Carefree Boat Club membership costs as little as 1/3 the cost of owning a boat, with unlimited usage at any of their available locations. The club has an easy-to-use online reservation system that allows you to make your reservations from both desktop and mobile devices, making planning your next boating adventure extremely convenient. The large variety of boats means there is a perfect boat for every occasion!
Dedicated to providing its members with exceptional service and convenience, making this an easy decision for someone who wants to enjoy all the benefits of boating without having to purchase or maintain their own boat.
💰 Cost: The initiation Fee is $2,750 – $5,000 and then you’ve got a $250 – $300 Monthly Fee
📍 Location: 2890 NE 187th St, Aventura, FL 33180, United States
🌐 Website: https://carefreeboats.com/
- Unlimited Usage
- The membership ratio is 10 people per boat
- Boat Safety training
- Slip Free
- All boats are inspected weekly by the CBC dock staff using a 50-point checklist of safety equipment
- After Hours boating
- Unlimited Usage
- 77 locations across Canada and US
- Large Variety of Boats
- Great Availability
- Instructors at each location
- Online Booking System
- Does not have a clubhouse with restaurants and other relaxation facilities.
- If you own a boat, you can’t slip it.
8. Venetian Marina & Yacht Club
One of the newest Yacht clubs the Venetian Marina & Yach Club offers its members a premier marina located in the center of all that Miami offers! Near fine casual dining places and pristine white sandy beaches, nightclubs.
Located at 1635 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, it offers direct access to Biscayne bay, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Caribbean, for an exotic adventure you will never forget.
💰 Cost: Contact the marina for an offer
📍 Location: 635 North Bayshore Drive Miami, Florida 33132
- Wet slips for vessels up to 110 feet
- On-site services
- Lift slips
- New fuel system
- State-of-the-art boating technology
- Attention to marina service
- New and modern Marina
- Close to FTX Arena and VENETIAN CAUSEWAY BRIDGE
- Home to the world’s largest boat and yacht event ─ Miami International Boat Show
- No information regarding pricing, online booking, membership
9. South Florida Boat Club
If you’re looking for a boat club to help make your life easier, the South Florida Boat Club is the one for you. The club offers an easy boating experience with many different types of boats and easy access to locations in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Whether you need a small cruiser or a larger deck boat, they have what you need!
In addition to your membership dues, South Florida Boat Club includes initial on-the-water training for new boat owners and those who have little experience with boats. Instructors will teach you how to drive your vessel safely and responsibly in all types of conditions.
💰 Cost: South Florida Boat Club has 3 Membership plans which are suited for every type of boat enthusiast!
- Monthly Membership Dues $199
- Boat Club Entry Fee as low as $1200
- Center Consoles, Bow Riders, Deck Boats up to 23 feet
- Fort Lauderdale and Miami Fleet Access
- Cruiser Club Entry Fee plus Monthly Membership Dues of $299
- Center Consoles, Bow Riders, Deck Boats up to 27 feet
- Fort Lauderdale and Miami Fleet Access
- Yacht Club Entry Fee plus Monthly Membership Dues of $399
- All Club Center Consoles, Bow Riders, Deck Boats and Cruisers
- Fort Lauderdale and Miami Fleet Access with Captain Service Available
📍 Location: 420 SW 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315, United States / 3301 Rickenbacker Causeway, Key Biscayne, FL 33149, United States
🌐 Website: https://www.southfloridaboatclub.com/
- Advance Reservations 24 / 7 Online System
- Before Hours boat access
- Initial On The Water Training Included
- Access to Miami and Fort Lauderdale locations
- Annual, Seasonal and Partnership Plans
- Ability to Upgrade Plans
- Membership is open to boaters at any skill level
- Members complete a USCG educational boating course
- You can bring friends, family or a business client on the boat
- Members can make reservations at both of our locations.
- Unlike other clubs, South Florida Boat Club does not have a clubhouse with restaurants and other relaxation facilities.
- Only 2 Locations
10. Freedom Boat Club
Located in Miami Beach Marina, Freedom Boat Club is the ‘Sharing Leader’ in the Recreational Boating Industry with more than 30 years of experience. With more than 3000+ boats across US, England, Canada, Spain & France, boat ownership is no longer needed. They own the boats, you just need to enjoy them unlimited!
Freedom Boat Clubs keeps a fleet of boats 3 years or newer, which are available exclusively to their Members by reservation or walk-on. You can find them in 4 South Florida Locations: Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach, Homestead & Isla Morada.
Reserve a boat by phone or online. Then go fishing, tubing, or head to a restaurant with friends. When you’re done, just bring the boat back and pay for the fuel. The club will take care of everything else!
Freedom Boat Club is really flexible when it comes to memberships. They’ve got several options, that will suit everyone’s needs. There is a one-time initiation fee of $7,000 minus any applicable discounts. There is a $1,500 Sizzling Summer discount that you can use until 27 Aug 2022. The initiation fee for a Weekday Membership is $3,000.
💰 Cost: Freedom Boat Club Membership costs depends on the period:
- Weekday Membership: $349 per month
- Year-Round Membership: $399 per month
- 6 Month Plan: $299 per month
- 3 Month Plan: $229 per month
Active or retired Military, Fire Fighters, Nurses, and Police officers. Receive $30/month OFF any type of membership with a US valid ID or DD 214.
📍 Location: 300 Alton Rd Suite 208, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Miami Beach Marina)
🌐 Website: https://www.freedomboatclub.com/
- Advanced reservation online
- The Club offers FREE 1:1 and Ongoing Training
- Free Local Area Orientation at all docks
- Year Round & Seasonal Memberships
- Unlimited Boat Rentals and Reservations
- Deck Boats, Bowriders, Pontoon Boats, Center Consoles, and Yachts at your disposal
- The largest club in the nation, founded in 1989
- 45,000+ Members in North America
- A fleet of 3000+ boats all 3 years or newer
- Boating is Made Simple and affordable.
- 4 South Florida Locations: Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach, Homestead & Isla Morada
- Watercraft liability and physical damage are included in your membership. Covered up to $1,000,000 for claims made against you by third parties.
- All the Club’s Trainers are U.S. Coast Guard Certified Captains
- Unlike other clubs, Freedom Boat Club does not have a clubhouse with restaurants and other relaxation facilities.
Rent a boat in Miami with sail.me
Boat clubs in Miami: Our conclusion
Each of the Miami boat clubs mentioned above is unique in its own way. It is important for each boater to know what his or her individual needs are before joining a yacht club. Some may prefer to focus on sailing, and others on socializing and joining a community in one of the many amenities in the yacht clubhouse!
You might also like
Sep 22 2022Boating tips
Located in the heart of Miami Beach is Sunset Harbour Yacht Club’s luxurious marina -. With its unique equity membership, it’s simply the best yacht club in Miami.read full post
Check out these 7 best fishing spots in Miami. Locations if you don’t have a boat, for surf fishing, freshwater spots, and ones off Miami beachread full post